The winner of the Darebin Music Feast Songwriters’ Award 2014 is Northcotion, Maddie Duke for her song ‘Joshua’. Congrats to all the finalists on their amazing performances at Northcote Town Hall on Sunday 19 October. Massive thanks to our Grand Final judges Peter Farnan, Evelyn Morris and Jason Morrison and our supporters APRA, Head Gap, Implant Media, Indie Masters, The Push, Beat Magazine and Guitar World Northcote.
We have officially hit the halfway point of Darebin Music Feast 2014 and there is still so much on.
Some ideas for the second week of Feasting:
- Perform at the open mic night, Tues 14 Sep
- See one of the gigs at our host of local venues
- Learn about all things bluegrass at the Bluegrass Workshop & Jam
- Come to the Artists In Conversation sessions with Richard Watts
- Attend one or more of the Shop Talk workshops and upskill your music industry abilities
- Enjoy our big showcase events: The Songwriters’ Award Final & the Decibels Record Showcase
- Take the gigs to a family friendly event or two
- Come on down to the FREE Bain Marie festival hub for tunes, food and a drink or two
- Catch all of the glorious shows held in the Northcote Town Hall
- Spot a busker and enjoy the community stages at the Street Feast sessions
See you there!
If you’re looking for somewhere excellent to take the kidlets this weekend or next, Darebin Music Feast has plenty to offer. Best bit is, all events are 100% free. Check out this list and click the links to find out more.
Pedal, Sing & Ding!, Saturday 11 October, 11am
One of Melbourne’s most celebrated musicians, Sarah Carroll, will take you on a musical bike ride en masse
Kiddyrock, Saturday 11 October, 1-2pm
Music workshop for kids and adults to create a music wonderland
Sunday Stomp! with Livingstone Daisies, Sunday 12 October, 1-2pm
A great way to enjoy some real music with the kids
The Bushwhazee Bush Dance, Saturday 18 October, 1-2pm
Bush Dance, Darebin style. BYO boots and spurs.
Sunday Stomp! with Goatpiss Gasoline, Sunday 19 October, 1-2pm
A gig for weekend carers and their charges to let loose to some quality contemporary music and stomp!
BalconyTV began in 2006 on a tiny balcony in Dublin and is now produced in over 50 cities around the globe. BalconyTV Melbourne brings the Melbourne music scene to your virtual doorstep! Check out our Darebin Music Feast Specials featuring highlights from the Feast Program.
If you love what you see, you can find info about the gig by searching the band’s name in our search portal on the left hand side of this website.